I walked today on high incline for 30 minutes, normally I do 40-45, but I was walking with 3 lb weights and I got tired quicker but then I experienced an intense high and feelings of happiness. I immediately began craving salad so I made a huge bowl and chowed down. It was so good.
I am working out on my supercharged exercise plan but my sleep schedule is messed up still. I am not waking up early enough, sleeping more and possible screwing up my metabolism and energy levels. This affects my endurance and motivation for exercise.
As well, I am not doing my weights exercises which is annoying but I know that I am choosing not to do it. Why? I just...it's hard. Ever since I increased the weights, I didn't enjoy it as much. That idea of not being able to complete 10 reps leads me to think that I have failed rather than realizing that it is a part of weight-training and that failure is a good thing in weight-training, in fact it is the goal! I need to understand that weight training is about completing the workout and not the minutae of the exercises, because in the long run I will improve and get better! The inconsistency in training makes it worse because I can't track appropriately.
I have 40 days to lose 30-ish pounds before I go off to travel. I am eating well and exercising and will work on fixing my sleep schedule and waking up early so I can accomplish all my goals for this month.
The other thing is that I am not weight my self this month because I was finding that not losing based on the number on the scale was affecting my motivation negatively. I want to keep going and not get sidetracked by emotional cues like a demotivational number showing up on the scale.
Skin update:
I am still rolling. I notice differences the day after rolling but they don't seem permanent yet. I am hoping I'll be able to see a significant, undeniable change by the end of the month. I roll about 2-3 times a well. It hurts a bit but the vitamin E I apply afterwards helps soothe it and the next morning my skin appears smoother probably because of minor inflammation which makes it seem smoother. The next night I apply the glycolic peel cream and the next day it seems to look the same again. I am hoping the combination of glycolic, retin-A, and vitamin C is having a positive overall effect on my skin. If not, I will have to consider more invasive options like peels or abrasion or what not and I really don't want to do that.
So, no weighing for the next month, continuing to dermaroll, and emphasizing weight training.