I went driving today for about half an hour, just around a parking lot. I just wanted to get used to the steering and so forth. I felt really comfortable after a short while. Of course, an empty parking lot is not the same as a busy intersection, but the big change was that I was excited, happy and able to learn. As I had thought yesterday, I did pick it up when I was given space and time to think. During my next lesson, I expect that it will go like the first where I will be quite slow, but practicing on my own, I think I should be fine. Tomorrow, we will go to my old neighborhood, and, hopefully if it's not busy, practice around the block and move up slowly.
I'm tired today. I got my period and thus was quite bloated today. But, I helped in the yard today and sweated. I did Insanity and then it was time for cardio. I didn't do it in the morning because I woke up late and was too lazy this morning. After Insanity though, I could only manage about 10 minutes at 3 mph. I was simply too exhausted from the workout and from fatigue. I plan to do 20 minutes tomorrow, unless I wake up early, then I plan to do 30+ mins.
I feel better about the slow weight loss that was making me feel low, I went to the Insanity message board and saw a post that was similar to the issue I was having: seemingly* slow weight loss after 2 weeks. One of the members stated that they didn't lose much weight but built muscle and lost inches, and I feel that I have lost inches as well (or maybe just an inch, but I feel smaller). As well, if I am actually building muscle then that is fantastic. As someone who has only ever previously looked at fitness as a way to lose weight/fat, I never considered that doing Insanity would actually help me develop significant muscle mass. I thought that was only for the already physically slim/fit people. I am really excited to gain muscle mass because it helps you burn more calories, but also will help me improve at Insanity. I am getting better each week and while I'm not on during each workout (I try), I put in a lot of effort to do a few more reps, stretch a little further and, as Shaun T likes to say "Dig Deeper". I find Shaun's encouragement in the video incredbly motivating. Nowadays, I don't really look at the screen while working out because it can make me feel more tired if I'm looking at the pros, I like to just focus on my exercise and listen to his encouragements.
In other size news, I tried on a shirt today out of the dryer - so I know it's shrunk or at least tighter from the wash - that was always a little snug on me. While my muffin top still gets in the way, it is much looser and fits like a normal shirt now. Improvement!
I was nervous about doing Insanity at "this time of month", but it wasn't too bad, besides the aforementioned fatigue. I'm just glad it's out of the way before my trip next week. Not as much fun wearing slim-fitting dresses when you're bloated. Apparently there are a ton of other people coming along (it's a group event type thing), and I'm sure there will be lots of hot girls and boys. I say "girls and boys" because I imagine them to be vapid and vain which is very judgmental of me, since I hardly know them, but I just can't help but feeling that they'll all be superficial. They remind of the cool kids in high school. I gotta get over these insecurities.
I am not going to impress others, but to hang out with friends and family. Unlike the last time I went, I plan to "be myself" and not worry about what others think of me. I'm tempted to do some social experimentation while I'm there, but the natural shrink and researcher that I will automatically lean towards observing people in social situations, and occasionally participant observation.
School starts next week and I want to learn to drive enough so that I can drive to school myself with supervision and really get used to it. It will be another thing on my plate but I don't think it should be too stressful. Though my mind has been so not about school and academia right now that I need to start paying more attention to my courses and my readings. It's just...that it becomes another source of stress and I don't want that happening when I'm trying to maintain good eating habits and not stress-eat. But I'll have to buckle down eventually, better to just start slow.
Motivation:


