My diet is going okay too. I've started incorporating about 1 slice of bread in the sense that I don't really want it to be a part of my diet but I realize that I need more calories and carbs. I am excited to weigh myself on Sunday and find out if I actually lost anything. I feel like I'm anywhere from 208-205 lbs which...would be great because it would be a loss, not a big one, but a loss nonetheless. As long as I am inching closer to Onederland.
Apart from that, I went driving practice in a parking lot again and I found that I really need to ease into driving. Shocking me into it like some instructors prefer to do is not going to work for me. I have to take it slow, absorb the information and build my confidence slowly. Obviously turning in a parking lot is no sweat but for me it allows me like a kind of playground to make mistakes and turn the steering wheel as much as I want without risking striking the curb. I know my dad is having a hard time with my slow progress but I know how I learn best. I also know that I am hesitating from really getting out there because I just don't know what I would do. Again, I just stop thinking because my anxiety is so high. I hang on to the steering wheel tightly and my hands start to hurt. I want to be a safe driver but I also want to learn in a safe environment and the traffic can feel so overwhelming. I've gotten a couple of hypnotherapy tracks for the nerves and I'm hoping those will help because I've racked my brain and I don't know how to decrease my anxiety and fear because I can't deconstruct it or articulate it. And, I know that I have to confront my fear by going out on the busy roads but how can I do that when I can't even drive around my busy block without panicking. I don't want to waste anyone's time, least of all mine. Therefore, I hope to listen to the tapes and continue with the baby steps. Ten years of non-driving is a big break and I am starting from scratch, I have to keep that in consideration. I will do this. I will have my driver's license before summer's end.